Top of the Rock
Constantly topping the lists of “best things to do in New York”, the Top of the Rock is the best place for 360° panoramic views of this incredible city. Book Top of the Rock tickets for an unforgettable experience in the Big Apple.
Top Of The Rock - Highlights
Look out across Manhattan and beyond from the Rockefeller Center’s 3-tiered observation deck, with views that stretch for miles in every direction.
From the 70th floor observation deck you’ll see all of New York’s famous landmarks including the Chrysler Building, Times Square, the Hudson River, Brooklyn Bridge, the Statue of Liberty, Central Park and of course, the Empire State Building!
For a different take on the city, visit at sunset for a dramatic view of view the New York skyline. But whatever time you visit - DON’T FORGET YOUR CAMERA!
A trip to the Top of the Rock is an essential part of any New York sightseeing visit. Book your tickets and start looking forward to this very special experience.
What You’ll See:
The Top of the Rock is a Center’s 3-tiered observation deck, with views that stretch for around 80 miles across New York and beyond.
Just some of the incredible sights you’ll get to see from this 70th floor viewpoint include:
- Chrysler Building
- Times Square
- Hudson River
- Brooklyn Bridge
- Statue of Liberty
- Central Park
- Empire State Building
And much, much more.
Before ascending to the observation deck, you’ll take a journey back in time. You’ll be able to “touch the past”, with original artefacts and a 'beam walk' that simulates the experience of the Rockefeller Center construction workers over 70 years ago.
A high speed Summit Shuttle will then transport you to the viewing area. Before venturing out into the open air you’llhave the opportunity to watch short films and interactive displays detailing the construction of the Rockefeller Center.
Top of The Rock - Key Facts
- The Top of the Rock is open 7 days a week, all year round.
- Opening Times:
Open from 8am – Midnight. The last elevator goes up at 11pm
- The main entrance to the Top of the Rock is located on 50th Street between 5th and 6th Avenues.
- Disabled Access:
- Top of the Rock is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. This includes full wheelchair accessibility.
- Top of the Rock is a three level observation deck that consists of the 67th, 69th, and 70th floors of 30 Rockefeller Plaza. Total surface area of all the decks together is approximately 55,000 square-feet (5,110 m2). The upper deck is 850 feet (260 m) above street level.
- Duration of Visit:
- There is no time limit as to how long you can spend on the observation decks during operating hours. The average length of stay is about 45 minutes – 1 hour.
- You are advised to be prepared with seasonal clothing, sunscreen, and sunglasses if you intend to visit the outdoor section of the observation deck.